BlissBIT Develops School Grading Sheets
So you’re a teacher. And you’re finally satisfied with your complex syllabus, though the final grade isn’t exactly easy to calculate…BlissBIT can help! See screenshots and the sample read-only version below.
For example: Participation is worth 10%, five exams are worth 50%, but you only count the highest three. And you have occasional pop quizzes which make up 15% of the final grade, but the lowest score is dropped. Finally, a group project makes up the remaining 25% of the grade, half of which consists of an individual portion with the other half based on group evaluations.
For a flat fee of $100, BlissBIT will quick convert the most complex college or high school syllabus into an easy-to-use grading sheet. My turnaround time is usually less than an hour!
All you have to do is key in students’ grades and absences as they become available and avoid all the math at the end of the semester. Translating letter grades to numbers and numbers back to letters, dropping scores and averaging others gets complicated. Let BlissBIT do all the heavy lifting.
Lots of classes? Just ask me about big discounts for multiple syllabi.
Features of BlissBIT grading sheets:
- Easily import your student roster from Blackboard or any other system
- Easily achieve your target grade distribution with the use of simple parameters
- Quickly key grades into color-coded cells using your choice of percentage scores, x-number scores (e.g. 24/25), “yes/no”, and check, check+, check- scores
- Run “what-if” analyses in a separate section of the sheet (e.g. “What does Billy need on his exam to get an A?” or “What would happen to Sally’s final grade if I gave her a 75 for participation?” )
- Change parameters as semesters change (e.g. “Exams now are only worth 40% while quizzes are worth 25%”)
- All sheets are completely customized to your individual syllabi and reusable every semester
- For an extra fee: Track student attendance with integrated in-class text messages using BlissBIT’s own Text-In solution!
- Students text a dedicated phone number when they arrive at class
- Ensure actual attendance by writing a different four-digit code on the board each day (they’re only counted if the code is right)
- Discourage cheaters by threatening to audit mid-class (e.g. “I’m going to call the names of five students who texted in. If I call your name, raise your hand. If you’re not here, I’m calling your mother.“
It’s hard enough to get all your grading complete by the end of the semester. Don’t waste your time on the math.
Email Scott with your syllabus and class roster to get started today. Remember: turnaround time is usually less than an hour!
Click here to access a read-only sample (sorry folks, it won’t work if you download it into Excel).